The Battle for Talent - Understanding the Changing Education Landscape & the Opportunity for Employers (North)
Registrations Are Closed
OxLEP Skills are heading off round the county this March with information for businesses looking for an innovative way to tackle recruitment and growth that puts them at the heart of their local community.
Would you like to find out how bringing young people into your business through work experience and longer-term industry placements can help you with recruitment and business growth?
You are invited to join us for breakfast, networking and to find out about support available to help you engage the workforce of the future.
The events see OxLEP Skills partnering with training providers and employers to give you the opportunity to hear first-hand from employers who provide industry placements, learners who have benefitted from them and the support available to you from training providers to introduce a placement into your business.
Engaging the workforce of the future
"We take students on work experience placements. If we can start building a relationship from that point in time, potentially we’ve got a workforce for the future." Simon Howick, Managing Director, Oxford Direct Services
Join us to discuss:
- How building a talent pipeline can facilitate recruitment in a labour market with almost 100% employment
- How providing work placements can help you engage with the future workforce
- The benefits to businesses of hosting an industry placement student
- Apprenticeships and latest developments
- How engaging with schools can help you start developing your talent pipeline
Find out how OxLEP Skills can support you:
- Support for SMEs with identifying and addressing skills requirements through Oxfordshire Skills For Business (S4B)
- Help and support for employers to engage with local young people through our Careers Hub
- How our work experience service can support you to offer work placements
- Apprenticeships and the Apprenticeship Levy
8am: arrival, breakfast and networking
8:30am: Q&A and panel discussion
9:30am: networking and marketplace
You will have the opportunity to talk with training providers and organistions who can support you with your skills and training requirements.