Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 launch
Led by our OxLEP Skills team, the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 will be held at Williams F1 Conference Centre on Thursday 2 April 2020 - we will be officially-launching the latest edition of the awards at Oxford Science Park on 23 October.
In addition to marking the official opening of the awards' nomination process, this event will provide a forum for discussion on apprenticeships and some of its current challenges.
Do Apprenticeships work for you?
“High Spec Composites wouldn’t be the company it is today without each and every one of our Apprentices. We know how vital Apprentices can be to the growth and development of a business.”
Sarah Jaycock, Executive Director at High Spec Composites, Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2020 headline sponsor.
Join us to discuss:
- Challenges with employing apprentices
- Training provision and access to suitable training in Oxfordshire
- Apprenticeship Levy and use of unspent funds
- Recruitment in a labour market with almost 100% employment
Find out how OxLEP Skills can support with addressing challenges:
- Support for SMEs with identifying and addressing skills requirements through our Skills 4 Business (S4B) programme
- How we are collecting intelligence through S4B with the intention to inform and influence local provision
- Help and support for employers to engage with local young people through our Careers Hub and work with schools and the Careers & Enterprise Company
- How our work experience service can support you to offer work placements
We are delighted to announce that the event will take place at Oxford Science Park, one of the most-influential science and technology parks in the UK.
We are also pleased to announce that the event will be chaired by Simon Newton, Managing Director of Darke & Taylor, who will once again be hosting the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards in 2020.
- Simon Newton, Managing Director, Darke & Taylor (Chair)
- Sarah Jaycock, Executive Director, High Spec Composites (headline sponsor)
- Nairne Barker, Administrative Support Officer, Oxfordshire County Council (Oxfordshire Apprentice of the Year 2019)
- Richard Byard, Director of Business Development, OxLEP
- Jacqui Canton, Deputy Principal, Abingdon & Witney College
- Clive Shepherd, Apprenticeships Manager, University of Oxford
- 8am: Arrival, breakfast and networking
- 8:30am: Q&A begins
- 9:30am: Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards launch
- 10am: finish
Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards categories:
- Intermediate Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Abbott Diabetes Care
- Advanced Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Nielsen
- Higher Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Blenheim
- Special Recognition Award - sponsored by Popham Hairdressing
- Shining Star Award - sponsored by Integration Technology Ltd
- Apprenticeship Ambassador Award - spnsored by Oxford Brookes University
- School Award - sponsored by Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Work Experience Employer Award - sponsored by OxLEP
- Apprenticeship Employer Award (less than 10 employees) - sponsored by University of Oxford Print Studio
- Apprenticeship Employer Award (less than 50 employees) - sponsored by The Burnside Partnership
- Apprenticeship Employer Award (50+ employees) - sponsored by Clarkson Evans
There is plenty of parking at Oxford Science Park as well as excellent public transport links. More details can be found here.