Strategic Economic Plan Workshop: Deep Dive into Oxfordshire’s Economy
OxLEP are currently in the process of developing a refreshed Strategic Economic Plan which will drive productivity, prosperity and wealth for all whilst accelerating Oxfordshire’s transition to net-zero.
We want to create a strategy and action plan that are dynamic enough to be able to respond to a rapidly evolving policy agenda, whilst setting out an ambitions pathway for long-term change towards a more sustainable future, in order to address the county’s short, medium and long-term challenges.
We are seeking to refresh our Strategic Economic Plan through stakeholder engagement. We would welcome stakeholder input at three key points in particular.
These translate into three workshops:
- To inform the Oxfordshire Independent Economic Review, and in particular the deep-dives being undertaken.
- To identify the priority themes for our Strategic Economic Plan and inform scenarios for Oxfordshire’s future.
- To discuss and develop our strategic storyboard for Oxfordshire’s economy and identify key actions for the future
At the first set of workshops, we want to discuss emerging findings from the Oxfordshire Independent Economic Review (IER). Through this process, we are:
- Bringing together existing material and new insights
- Focusing on ‘economy-wide’ themes (structured around ‘deep dive’ topics)
- How do we enable progression within Oxfordshire and achieve more inclusive economic growth?
- How do we secure the future of the ‘foundational economy’ within Oxfordshire?
- How do we advance Net Zero and sustainability in shaping future economic growth?
- Recognising Oxfordshire’s world class strengths, how do we accelerate innovation and diffusion –both within Oxfordshire and across the UK?
- Developing narrative scenarios that are drawn from an inclusive, evidence-led and ‘value adding’ process
This workshop (facilitated by SQW) will be an opportunity for you to inform the IER process and provide insights on how Oxfordshire’s economy is currently performing, focusing particularly on the four ‘deep dives’.
Please register for this event and further details will be sent to you prior to the workshop.