Support for Innovation in Defence & Security
The Innovation Support for Business Programme is delivered by OxLEP and provides a range of support services for SMEs operating in Oxfordshire. The Defence and Security Accelerator is part of the Ministry of Defence and focuses on sourcing and funding projects which address security and defence related needs and which also have commercial potential.
The latest in our series of Innovation Briefings will focus on the support available for innovators with products and ideas that address defence and security challenges – and which also have commercial potential. SMEs often provide the most innovative and effective solutions to problems.
DASA and the agencies and departments it represents are keen to tap into this potential. The rewards for successful companies can be substantial with long term relationships realised as well as funding provided to develop and implement the solutions. The webinar will highlight the schemes open to SMEs through DASA and partner organisations and we will look at several cases of projects that have already benefited.
- 11.00 - Meeting opens – welcome and introduction – event outline and agenda (Peter Russell, ISfB)
- 11.05 - ISfB / OxLEP Business overview and reminder of scope of support available (Katherine Shepherd, ISfB)
- 11.10 - Introduction to DASA and wider MOD context; details of current funding opportunities both themed and open call (Peter Wilkins, DASA)
- 11.25 - Access to Mentoring and Finance | Defence Innovation Loans (Hannah Tapsell, MOD)
- 11.35 - Case example | Oxford Dynamics
- 11.45 - Complementary sources of funding and support for defence and security projects e.g.: KTN · Innovate UK · Cyber security (Peter Russell, ISfB)
- 11.55 - Open Forum / Q&A All – Chaired by Peter Russell
- 12.20 - Next Steps