Women in Business Network and Support (Cohort 9)
The UK is often described as the start-up capital of Europe, but not when it comes to women. Whilst the last decade has seen a sharp increase in female self-employment, sadly the number of women starting, and scaling businesses remains much lower than that of men (only 1 in 3 UK entrepreneurs is female). So, what are the issues? Well, they can vary depending on the stage or intention of the business, but repeatedly we hear access to funding and networks, primary care responsibilities, sectors and skills.
Trusted networks and collaboration have never been as important as they are in the post COVID era and after the UK's departure from the European Union, which is why this series of Networking and Support sessions is so aptly timed. This support is specifically for women in business and women starting or considering starting a business in Oxfordshire and will provide a catalyst for business recovery and growth.
What can I expect from this Network and Support programme?
Following severe uncertainty and disruption to revenues and profit margins across the UK, linked mainly to COVID but also the UK’s withdrawal from the EU, we will use these sessions to explore, amongst other topics:
- Your recovery and growth objectives and priorities
- Aligning business and personal goals
- Your core challenges and obstacles to recovery and growth (within and outside of your control)
- Key recovery and growth enablers
- Recovery and growth strategy execution
However, moreover, sessions will focus on the unique challenges women business leaders face when growing their businesses, and importantly how these can be overcome.
Sessions provide a safe and friendly environment where long-lasting, purposeful, and trusted relationships can be built. An experienced facilitator together with a small cohort of your female peers (and specialist advisors where applicable) provide a vital sounding board to challenge your thinking, unlock opportunities, and enhance your decision-making ability.
How will the Network and Support group work?
Cohort spaces are limited to 12 individuals in order to maximise the benefit for those participating. Applicants may be required to complete a short questionnaire to help assess suitability and compatibility. You may also receive a phone call as part of the application process.
Dates & Structure
A total of six meetings are held virtually via Zoom. Below is a framework of topics for each session, HOWEVER, topics are client-led, so entirely flexible to meet the demands of you as a peer group.
IMPORTANT: The value these sessions deliver is as much dependent on the women who participate as it is on the facilitators and specialist speakers, therefore you must be able to attend all 6 sessions. Cut off date for registration is Friday 13th January 2023 at 5.30pm.
- Tuesday 7th February 2023 - 12.30-14.30: Meet and Greet. Getting to know each other
- Tuesday 14th February 2023 - 12.30-14.30: Time management. Balancing work and family life
- Tuesday 7th March 2023 - 12.30-14.30: Art of networking. Defying social expectations
- Tuesday 21st March 2023 - 12.30-14.30: Recognising value and overcoming gender bias
- Tuesday 4th April 2023 - 12.30-14.30: Funding business growth and accessing support networks
- Tuesday 18th April 2023 - 12.30-14.30: Confidence and fear of failure. Owning accomplishments