Are you a passionate entrepreneur or someone who has gone through a business growth journey recently? OxLEP and Enterprise Nation want to hear from you.
The OxLEP Growth Accelerator is a five-week programme for young and ambitious businesses from Oxfordshire that aims to increase the growth prospects. Throughout September 2019, 30 business owners will go through a learning experience where they will address common growth challenges and improve their pitching skills.
Participants will be learning at practical workshops, mentoring sessions and through accessing additional materials.
What's the opportunity?
If you are an entrepreneur who has seen their business grow, the Growth Accelerator needs your support.
You will be able to inspire and support a young, growing business by sharing your experiences, helping participants to assess growth challenges, look for solutions and create a perfect pitch. You will expand your network and exposure through meeting other mentors.
Who we’re looking for....
Mentors who have:
- Founded/co-founded a business
- A business that is sustainably growing
- A business that has a repeatable and sustainable model
- Two years' plus trading experience
- Up to 50 employees
- Had a successful pitching experience (e.g. raised external funding or got a retailer to stock their products etc.)
The commitment that's needed:
- Evaluate three pitches before and three after the programme (a scoring sheet will be provided)
- Conduct six hours-worth of mentoring online (twice with three participants)
- Travel to Oxford for a final pitching event
- 16 August: Participating businesses confirmed
- 30 August and 5 September: First pitches judged (online, at your own time)
- 9 to 13 September: Three hours of mentoring during the week
- 23 to 27 September: Three hours of mentoring during the week
- 4 October: Participate at the final programme workshop (pitching event)