The Oxfordshire economy is one of the best-performing nationally and this includes significant job creation over the period to 2040.
Young people are at the heart of these ambitions – indeed we cannot achieve sustainable growth without ensuring that we have a suitably-qualified and skilled workforce.
The OxLEP Skills team provides a range of support to help businesses and education providers to work towards this aim.
To help businesses to find out about the support available from OxLEP Skills, we are embarking on a roadshow which will see a series of ‘pop-up’ surgeries at business parks across Oxfordshire, to provide employers with information on the following skills topics:
- The benefits of offering work experience placements
- Information on apprenticeships
- How SMEs can register interest for a ‘Skills Needs Analysis’
- Volunteering opportunities in schools/colleges
The surgeries will be taking place during April and May and are drop-in, there’s no need to book.
Dates and locations will be added to the list below as they are confirmed.
- Tuesday 30 April, 11:30 – 14:30, Boston House, Grove Business Park, Downsview Rd, Wantage, OX12 9FF
- Thursday 2 May, 11:30 – 14:30, ACE Training, Station Field Industrial Estate, Kidlington, OX5 1JD
- Wednesday 8 May, 11:30 – 14:30, The Manor House, Howbery Business Park, Benson Ln, Wallingford, OX10 8BA
- Tuesday 14 May, 11:30 – 14:30, The Picnic Hamper, Monument Park, Chalgrove, Oxfordshire, OX44 7RW
- Tuesday 21 May, 11:30 – 14:30, Oxford Science Park, Magdalen Centre, Robert Robinson Ave, Oxford, OX4 4GA
Sally Andreou, OxLEP’s Skills Hub Manager said: “Business and education have so much to offer each other, whether that’s through work experience placements providing a pipeline for apprenticeships, or business volunteers visiting schools to inspire their future workforce.
"By making it easy for business people to come and talk to us, we aim to help them make those links, which can help them with growth and recruitment.”