Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP) requires a supplier to deliver Growth Hub Business Programmes MarComms Consultancy Support for the eScalate ERDF funded project until 31 March 2022 / 31 Dec 2022 for ISfB support (LOT 1) and marketing assistance until 31 March 2022 (LOT 2). This will include, for example, design and digital activities, PR and communications, marketing and events support. The value is £161k excluding VAT as the maximum.
Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP) requires a supplier to deliver Growth Hub Business Programmes Social Enterprise Consultancy Support for the eScalate ERDF funded project until 31 March 2022. This will include, for example, specialist social enterprise business development support and strategic consulting. The value is £400K including VAT as the maximum.
Questions submitted and OxLEP Business' responses:
1. We note in your specification on page 12, As the project cannot introduce or recommend sources of finance to the beneficiary SMEs, the support needs that the project can address range from understanding the different funding options to detailed investment readiness support. Can you please expand on this and what the boundaries are?
We can signpost SMEs to the right business support for their business by directing them to expert advice and national and local support programmes. We can not make a direct recommendation on sources of finance. Therefore, the content and tone of all communications will need to reflect that.
2. We note a value of contract of £161k from the advert posted on Contracts finder and also that the contract length is 42 months. As there are no further notes regarding budget within the specification can we please clarify that you are asking bidders to specify exactly how they feel the budget should be spent across the Lots. May we also confirm that printing and paid media/advertising (specifically press) are outside this budget. Also that the definitive requirement is for 2 videos, x1 launch event and x1 case study film. Will any attendance at events be covered separately. We are confident that we can provide a detailed costing to deliver the project, however there are likely to be a huge amount of variables within suppliers understanding of your needs. This may then present a challenge for procurement/marketing to compare and achieve best value for the project.
The scoring for price is based on total cost and the tender requires a day rate to be provided. More detailed pricing within each Lot through a cost schedule can be provided if the tenderer believes that it will help OxLEP to understand and assess their response better. Printing and paid media/advertising (specifically press) should be included, as well as attendance at events.
We do not anticipate that the pricing schedule will add up to the total contract value. The pricing schedule should include all the services you can provide, which we may choose from depending on the needs of the programme.
3. What is the CMS that the Oxlep website is built in? Please confirm that if required training will be provided to our person required to update the business pages and how often.
The CMS is Drupal and training will be provided. Updates will be dependant on the requirements of the programme.
4. We presume that your requirement for "Assisting with internal communications for OxLEP Business” is outside the specific needs for ISFB and eScalate, therefore are you able to be more specific regarding what, when and how much support this will entail over the 42 months.
The tasks described in Lot 2 are to provide support to OxLEP Business team on the three EDRF projects – elevate, IsFB and eScalate. We anticipate that support will be provided at the equivalent of 1FTE working full time, how the tenderer wants to deliver this can be described in their methodology if the tenderer believes that it will help OxLEP to understand response better.
5. We note the advert on contracts finder states the contract ends 31December 2022, however the document says ends 31st March 2022 on page 12, please clarify
Support to the eScalate programme is until 31st March 2022. Support is also required for the Innovation Support for Business (ISfB) programme as an extension of the original contract from the end of 2019 to 31st December 2022.
6. PPC advertising costs: Is this social media paid advertising or Google adwords for the web pages?
This is for any paid digital advertising.
7. Management of OxLEP Business web pages: Please can you clarify what is involved here.
The main tasks are copywriting, adding images and creating new pages.
8. Creating & executing campaigns: Please can you clarify what this involved here
This is ecampaigns. This would involve using MailChimp to create templates, write copy and send to the correct mailing list.
9. Assisting with internal comms for OxLEP Business: Please can you clarify what is involved here.
The marketing assistant task would support the activities of the OxLEP marketing executive of OxLEP Business as and when required.
10. Can you provide any more clarification about the way the Marketing Assistant would work on social media alongside the agency delivering Social Media in Lot 1.
The marketing assistant task would support the social media activities described in Lot 1 as and when required. How the tenderer wants to deliver this can be described in their methodology if the tenderer believes that it will help OxLEP to understand response better.
11. You mention supporting the ‘online resource’. Can you share any more information about what this is and when in the programme it will be ready? Do you need the selected agency to support the development of the initial content (copywriting?) or just add the content once it’s up and running and add in case studies etc?
OxLEP have an RFQ for Social Enterprise. As part of that RFQ the successful contractor will support the development of an online interactive social enterprise platform providing advice, resources, product and service catalogues, case studies and programmes to help develop the social enterprise B2B and business to consumer market in and beyond the region. The contractor will provide the content for the platform and will need support with tasks, this may include branding, proof reading and uploading content.
12. The tender states you would like all potential costs outlined but the pricing schedule is based on a day rate. Would you like a broken down cost schedule as well as the day cost? Or do we just need to allow for all work within the day rate?
The scoring for price is based on total cost and the tender requires a day rate to be provided. More detailed pricing within each Lot through a cost schedule can be provided if the tenderer believes that it will help OxLEP to understand and assess their response better.
13: Page 32 of the specification suggests that you are expecting 3-5 days per week of innovation advice and support. How does that relate to the marcomms support described in the specification?
This is an error. The following paragraph on page 32 of the specification does not apply: “The delivery of innovation advice and support by the consultancy will be on a draw down mechanism. We would expect the consultancy to deliver 3-5 days per week.” A revised version of the specification has been uploaded to the website without this paragraph.