One-to-one business support service
You are here
- One-to-one business support service
OxLEP Business and partners are delivering a programme to support business resilience against the key threats facing Oxfordshire businesses, including Brexit.
This programme has been developed based on local business engagement which has identified the need and national insight which highlights the key threats to businesses. The programme includes workshops on:
- Business continuity planning
- Business growth & LinkedIn
- Cyber security awareness
- GDPR: A Framework to support business resilience
We also have a number of 1:1 sessions available which can be booked here
Here's an overview of each workshop:
Business Continuity Planning (two to three-hour workshop)
Hands-up all the business owners who still want to be in business in 2 years-time?
Yes, then you need to make sure your business is resilient. Business resilience can be defined as:
‘the ability of a business to rapidly adapt and respond to business disruptions, protecting your staff, customers, assets and operations.’
The top threats facing businesses include cyber-attack, data breaches, loss of power or IT, adverse weather and loss of a key employee. These threats are all unpredictable, but that doesn’t mean you cannot prepare for them.
This Business Continuity Planning workshop will highlight what you need to do to ensure your business is resilient, whatever threat comes your way. This workshop would also be a great foundation before you attend one of our workshops on Business Growth & LinkedIn, Cyber Security Awareness and GDPR: A Framework to support Business Resilience.
Business Growth & LinkedIn (Three-hour workshop)
Maverrik has an audacious vision to help one million businesses grow. Maverrik was born from a passion to help businesses acquire more customers, grow revenue and expand. We deliver digital resources, live events and consultancy to push your company forward.
Linkedin, whilst having things in common with Facebook and Twitter, is very different which mean you have to have a different strategy for the platform. Whether you are a solopreneur or a marketing manager of a large company, you can achieve the same results on LinkedIn.
This LinkedIn course will equip you with practical strategies and tactics to enable you to use all the tools on the platform to win paying clients through LinkedIn.
We will show you:
- How to design an SEO enriched profile, specifically designed to put your name at the top of all else. Then designing and delivering the right type of content to make Linkedin’s Algorithm work for you, not against you.
- How to target, connect and build relationships with your target audience. Creating natural conversation starters through a variety of Linkedin's readily available tools.
- How to optimise your content for the LinkedIn platform which is critical to increasing your views, visibility and engagement.
- Why your brand on LinkedIn matters, whether you are using your Company Page, Employee Advocacy or Paid Advertising. It's important you optimise your activities to engage the right target audience and help them discover the value your brand offers to the market.
Cyber Security Awareness (Three-hour workshop)
Cyber risks are one of many issues facing organisations of all sizes and in all sectors of the economy. Media coverage of cyber incidents often uses dramatic and colourful language. However, common sense, a little specialist knowledge and, most important, proportionality are essential so that organisations take steps that are appropriate for them.
This workshop will help your business to choose what steps to take to deal with cyber risks in your particular circumstances. The workshops will consist of discussions based on some typical cyber events, following scene setting around cyber threats and common vulnerabilities. They will conclude with next steps and recommended specialist organisations that can assist in providing further security advice, certifications and appropriate products and services.
GDPR: A Framework to support Business Resilience (Three-hour workshop)
GDPR says 'Yes'
Many organisations view GDPR as a burden, designed to prevent people from doing business. We will challenge this perspective, bust some common misconceptions and explore practical ways that good data protection practices can support you in building resilience for your business.
GDPR Beyond Brexit
With the UK's exit from the European Union confirmed and underway, we will work through the implications on data protection and the practical steps you need to take for your business, particularly if you have EU customers transferring personal data to you.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will:
- Understand why adopting a privacy by design approach is important as their business grows
- Understand the do's and don'ts of GDPR in relation to good marketing practice
- Understand why data mapping is fundamental to business resilience
- Understand how the exit from the EU affects data protection and the data they need to use within their business.
We have scheduled a number of workshops scheduled across the county.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of these sessions and delivering this critical business support very soon.