Through our OxLEP Skills team, we can help young people and Oxfordshire businesses find out more about the benefits and opportunities available through apprenticeship schemes.
By building links between businesses and the county's education providers - we promote apprenticeship programmes through:
- Delivering workshops and presentations to students in schools
- Supporting schools with information, advice and guidance events, activities and initiatives
- Talking to parents and other family members at school careers evenings and 'pop-up' information events
- Advising and supporting businesses as to their benefits
- Developing and maintaining a network of Apprenticeship Ambassadors, consisting of current and former apprentices
- Working with partner organisations on new projects and activities to promote apprenticeships - such as Careers Fest
- Hosting Oxfordshire Apprenticeships Hour (#OAHour) across Twitter every Thursday from 1pm to 2pm
Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards
The virtual Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2021 takes place on 6th May. You can read about the finalists and access the live stream here.
To celebrate achievements of apprentices and employers who offer quality apprenticeships, we organise the annual Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards. The awards are sponsored, judged and awarded by business on a not-for-profit basis. Find out more.
We are supported by employers who donate some of their apprentices' time to engage with local schools to promote apprenticeships as a valuable career route. Find out more. To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week, some of our ambassadors created vlogs about their experiences. Watch the films on our YouTube channel.
Oxfordshire Apprenticeships Hour #OAHour
Oxfordshire Apprenticeships Hour takes place on Twitter @OxonApprentice every Thursday from 1pm. Join us for apprenticeships chat and Q&A.