Skills for Business
You are here
- Skills for Business
As of 31 July 2021, the ESF Oxfordshire Skills for Business Programme has come to an end. This is due to ongoing uncertainty of funding with the programme's funders unable to provide the necessary assurances of ongoing support.
A full statement regarding the project closure can be read via the news section.
Our Skills for Business programme does however leave a fantastic legacy. We have directly engaged with 368 Oxfordshire businesses and delivered fantastic outcomes, including:
- Supporting 56 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with skills and training needs
- Conducting 73 skills needs assessments
- Providing 73 training and development plans
- Supporting 37 SMEs to employ their first apprentice
- Recruiting 26 apprenticeship ambassadors
- Supporting a total of 520 SMEs to engage with their local community and schools
- Supporting and guiding the inception, delivery and monitoring of seven Community Employment Plans
The programme also acted as a central Oxfordshire Skills Hub to support the information sharing and best practice around:
- The Kickstart Placement Scheme
- Apprenticeship Levy sharing
- Apprenticeship support and guidance
- Industry placements
- Post-16 work placements
- Government skills schemes and incentives
- Graduate placements
- Analysis of skills needs and demands resulting in delivery of relevant workshops
If you are a business looking for skills-related support, please contact: [email protected].
Businesses we supported through the Skills for Business programme: