The world of work is ever-changing and for young people there are so many opportunities to choose from that it has become almost impossible to decide which career route is best.
The only true way to get a realistic view of the workplace, in any given sector, is to experience it and then to make decisions based on those experiences alongside careers advice and guidance.
Work experience is simply an experience of work, often lasting one week and takes place in an employer’s premises with the student acting as an employee.
The emphasis is on development of generic skills needed in the workplace, completing ‘hands-on’ tasks and is an opportunity for the student to become more confident and mature in an adult environment.
OxLEP Skills’ work experience team engage with 31 schools across Oxfordshire and they place over 5,500 young people across a variety of business sectors including: hospitality, engineering, retail and social care.
We are always looking for businesses across Oxfordshire who can offer a work placement to student(s). There is no charge to businesses and all health and safety checks are completed by our NEBOSH qualified staff prior to the placement.
Benefits to your business:
- Workforce planning – in many cases, a future apprentice or talented employee has been recruited through a successful work experience placement
- Employer of choice – enhance your business brand in the minds of students, parents/carers and teachers
- Digital skills – Young people often bring new digital skills that reflect the interests and knowledge of the next generation
- Diversity – Helps your business appeal to a new emerging workforce, consumer groups and markets.
- Staff engagement and development – a fantastic opportunity to develop existing staff’s communication, mentoring and soft skills.
If you would like more information please contact Sally Andreou, Skills Hub Manager: email@example.com.
Please note: We unfortunately, do not offer placements directly to students.