Oxfordshire Skills Board
The Oxfordshire Skills Board brings together expertise across a wide-range of public and private employers, education providers and stakeholder groups.
Working with our OxLEP Skills team, the Skills Board look to achieve improvements in the skills and abilities available to Oxfordshire’s employers and the learning opportunities available to young people, our residents and wider-workforce.
They are committed to:
- Having a current understanding of skills needs and priorities across Oxfordshire
- Strengthening links between business and providers of learning
- Improving skills and business support provision to employers
- Building stronger links with county and regional employment/skills bodies
- Raising aspirations and economic well-being
The Oxfordshire Skills Board acts as one of our sub-groups and is currently chaired by the OxLEP Board's deputy chairman, Adrian Lockwood.
You can see just where the Skills Board currently sits via our governance structure: