Some of Oxfordshire's best businesses received top accolades last Friday (9 June) at the 2023 Oxfordshire Business Awards, held at the spectacular John Henry Brookes Building at Oxford Brookes University in Headington.
More than 450 business people were in attendance with winners revealed across a total of 13 categories, including Purposeful Business, Marketing Excellence, New, Small and Large Business.
OxLEP once again supported this year's New Business category which was open to any Oxfordshire-based business that started trading after 1 January 2020, with this year’s finalists being; Capstone Design & Consultancy, Darcica Logistics Limited and Quantum Dice.
Darcica Logistics were announced as category winners on the night.
All entrants for the category were judged against a pre-determined set of criteria including; how the start-up was achieved, how effectively the business has operated in-light of the pandemic – given it launched so close to the Covid-19 outbreak – the strength and stability of the business, as well as plans for growth, including workforce development and possible opportunities for young people within the business.
Since the Oxfordshire Business Awards began in 1994, they have recognised the achievements of thousands of Oxfordshire businesses. This year's dinner was hosted by writer and comedian, Dom Joly.
Oxfordshire Business Awards chairman, Paul Lowe, said: “We congratulate the winners and the finalists and in fact every company which took the time to enter.
"For 27 years, the Oxfordshire Business Awards has championed businesses and individuals who have made a positive impact in Oxfordshire. The OXBA continues to recognise and celebrate the entrepreneurs, businesses and indeed people, who make Oxfordshire such a vibrant place to work and live.”
The 2023 Oxfordshire Business Awards winners and finalists were:
The Hartwell Charity and Community Award
- Winner: Inclusive Care & Education
- Finalists: Be Free Young Carers and Sobell House Hospice
The Hays Employer of the Year Award
- Winner: OMass Therapeutics
- Finalists: Owen Mumford and Perspectum
The Jack FM Marketing Excellence Award
- Winner : Fortitude Communications
- Finalists : Aston & James and Experience Oxfordshire
The James Cowper Kreston Business Person of the Year Award
- Winner: Anthony Tattersall, Darcica Logistics
- Finalist: Darren Aston, Aston & James
The Mathews Comfort Young Business Person of the Year Award
- Winner: Sam Hudson, BAMD
- Finalists: Laura Callahan, Willow HR Consulting and Ferencz Kaszoni, Search Intelligence
The Natwest Large Business Award
- Winner: M&M Waste Solutions
- Finalists: John Lewis of Hungerford and Oxford Products
The Nicholsons Green Award
- Winner: Neve's Bees
- Finalists: Castlethorpe Homes and Greenbox Food Co
The Oxford Brookes Business School Purposeful Business Award
- Winner: Tap Social Movement
- Finalists: Darcica Logistics and Waste2Taste CIC
The OxLEP New Business Award
- Winner: Darcica Logistics
- Finalists: Capstone Design & Consultancy and Quantum Dice
The RWK Goodman Small Business Award
- Winner: Greenplant
- Finalists: DSA Prospect and Hot Tubs Oxfordshire
The Oxford Science Park Innovation Award
- Winner: British Bakels
- Finalists: ICEOxford and Ochre Bio
The STL Technology Excellence Award
- Winner: Safety Services (UK)
- Finalist: Marketing Yeah
The Thomas Franks Business of the Year Award
- Winner: Darcica Logistics