Creative & Digital
You are here
- Creative & Digital
Over 3,000 creative and digital sector businesses are based in Oxfordshire, generating a total of £1.4billion of the £100bn the industries add in total to the UK economy.
Industry leads working across the county’s creative industries gathered on 27 June for Oxfordshire’s inaugural sector showcase event. The Oxfordshire Creative Industries Showcase – held at Oxford Brookes University’s Clerici and the Sir Kenneth Wheare Hall – saw creative industry professionals, entrepreneurs and fast-growing businesses working within the sector come together to highlight some of the ‘significant opportunities’ that exist now and in the future.
- The creative industries sector grew by 45% between 2010 and 2016, at a rate faster than any other sector (Nesta 2018).
- Oxfordshire has a total of 3,915 creative industries businesses, employing 21,723 people
- Oxfordshire has one NESTA Creative Cluster (areas with higher rates of innovation and economic growth in the Creative Industries).
- Oxfordshire’s three highest creative industries sectors in numbers of businesses are: IT software/computing services (1st), music performing arts (2nd) and then film/TV/radio and photography (3rd).
- All statistics courtesy of the May 2019 Smart Specialisation Hub Report.
Creative England and Creative Industries Federation's Creative Industries Manifesto sets out 10 statements of intent for how the Creative Industries can drive innovation and growth across the UK, with commitments to skills, accessing business support and funding for the sector.