Oxfordshire Creative Industries Showcase 2019
You are here
- Oxfordshire Creative Industries Showcase 2019
Creative Industries contribute over £100 billion a year to the UK economy, with Oxfordshire home to over 3,000 digital and creative businesses alone- a significant and dynamic force within the industry.
Ranging from world-leading publishers, nationally recognised arts and cultural bodies, cutting edge innovators in VR and immersive technologies, architects, designers, and ground-breaking gaming and software companies, the sector employs over 30,000 people across Oxfordshire, contributing over £1.4bn to the local economy.
Identified as a high growth cluster in the Creative Industries Sector Deal, the sector is central to Oxfordshire’s ambitious Local Industrial Strategy Trailblazer, which aims to position the region as one of the top three global innovation ecosystems by 2040, and which will be jointly launched with Government in the coming weeks.
OxLEP and Oxford Brookes University are working in collaboration with national partners including Creative England, Creative Industries Federation, Arts Council England and the Digital Catapult to bring Oxfordshire’s ‘world-class’ creative industries together.
Why should I attend?
The event will include an exhibition of leading Oxfordshire creative and technology businesses, as well as a series of curated panel discussions involving industry leaders, which will be focusing on: 'Harnessing new technologies to power innovation across the creative industries.'
As well as plenty of time for networking with other creative businesses, there will also be the opportunity for delegates to access business support and advice from national sector bodies, who will be holding surgeries throughout the showcase.
Who are the guest speakers?
We have brought together an array of guest speakers and panellists for the event, all playing a key part in the creative industries sector.
- Annie Lydford: Head of Communications and Marketing at Creative Industries Federation
- Anne-Marie Verdin-Mulot: Director of Digital Marketing, Communications and Tourism at Bicester Village (Value Retail)
- Les Hopper: OUP Head of Innovation and Digital Product at Oxford University Press
- Paul Ashton: Head of Film at Creative England
- Alison Norrington: Founder of Storycentral
- Chris Burns: BBC Head of Audio and Digital
Agenda for the event:
Thursday 27 June
- 1.30pm: Arrival
- 1:45pm: Ministerial opening of the event and Oxford Brookes: Future plans for the campus
- 2pm: ‘The Future of Storytelling‘: Curated by Creative England: Panel discussion on
- 2.50pm: ‘Cross-sector innovation and the skills required’: Curated by Creative Industries Federation
- 3.40pm: Exhibition and pods
- 5.10pm: ‘New Technology, New Audiences: Exploring the power of Immersive, 5G and AI to connect with untapped audiences’. Curated by Digital Catapult:
- 6pm: Q&A with Jason Kingsley OBE from Rebellion: the award-winning video games developer and TV, film, book and comic publisher, headquartered in Oxford
- 6.30pm: Drinks reception: Networking and closing remarks from OXLEP/Sector Leader#
- 8pm: Close of event
(Exhibition stands will be open throughout the event)
Which is the best ticket for me?
We have two ticket types available for this event.
Option one - free panel, networking and drinks reception ticket:
Access to the main event, all panel sessions and evening networking reception: Provides access to main event, the four panel sessions in the Lecture Theatre, as well as the evening drinks reception following the main event. It is also includes access to the exhibition space.
Option two - free exhibition ticket:
Access to the general exhibition space only:Access to the exhibition space where key Oxfordshire creative industries companies will be showcasing their specialisms and innovation, as well as business advice and surgeries from leading national sector bodies.
DISCLAIMER: This event is a not-for-profit event and the charges outlined are to cover event costs only.
Image c/o – Audiomotion Studios, Europe's leading performance capture service provider