Local Industrial Strategy
You are here
- Local Industrial Strategy
Oxfordshire is a globally-renowned region with one of the strongest economies in the UK, with a successful record securing investment to promote growth. Developing a Local Industrial Strategy (LIS) is a huge opportunity for the whole of Oxfordshire.
We are delivering one of just three Trailblazer Local Industrial Strategies nationwide. Our LIS will build on the current Oxfordshire Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) and provides a framework to guide Government, public and private sector investment decisions – including the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, Sector Deals, Industrial Strategy Challenge Funding and other financing tools – to be used to deliver a strategy.
Our ambition for the Local Industrial Strategy is to position Oxfordshire as one of the top-three global innovation ecosystems – building on the region’s world-leading science and technology clusters – to be a pioneer for the UK for emerging transformative technologies and sectors, as part of the wider ‘Oxford-Cambridge Corridor’.
'UK PLC' can capatalise on Oxfordshire's genuine global assets through our LIS, because it:
- Can provide a framework for delivery and investment for ‘UK PLC’
- Will avoid ‘more of the same’, nurturing radical and transformational ideas
- Will maximise and connect strategic assets and capabilities
- Can clearly define and position Oxfordshire’s leadership role in the UK economy.
- Provides the momentum and direction for the ‘Oxford–Cambridge Corridor’
For more information on the LIS consultancy commissioning process, head to our News section.