Local Industrial Strategy
You are here
- Local Industrial Strategy
Oxfordshire is a globally-renowned region with one of the strongest economies in the UK, with a successful record securing investment to promote growth. Developing a Local Industrial Strategy (LIS) is a huge opportunity for the whole of Oxfordshire.
We are delivering one of just three government-backed Local Industrial Strategies nationwide. Our LIS will build on the current Oxfordshire Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) and provides a framework to guide Government, public and private sector investment decisions – including the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, Sector Deals, Industrial Strategy Challenge Funding and other financing tools – to be used to deliver a strategy.
Our ambition for the Local Industrial Strategy is to position Oxfordshire as one of the top-three global innovation ecosystems – building on the region’s world-leading science and technology clusters – to be a pioneer for the UK for emerging transformative technologies and sectors, as part of the wider ‘Oxford-Cambridge Corridor’.
'UK PLC' can capatalise on Oxfordshire's genuine global assets through our LIS, because it:
- Can provide a framework for delivery and investment for ‘UK PLC’
- Will avoid ‘more of the same’, nurturing radical and transformational ideas
- Will maximise and connect strategic assets and capabilities
- Can clearly define and position Oxfordshire’s leadership role in the UK economy.
- Provides the momentum and direction for the ‘Oxford–Cambridge Corridor’
For more information on the LIS consultancy commissioning process, head to our News section.